ABMA Education have signed the EDI Pledge with the Federation of Awarding Bodies (FAB). By signing the pledge, it means that we are committed to being an Awarding Organisation that believes in and is committed to the principals of Equity (E) Diversity (D) and Inclusivity (I) within our organisation.
The EDI Pledge states:
- As FAB members we are fully committed to the fundamental principles of ensuring equity and inclusivity for all learners, stakeholders and colleagues across the education and skills system.
- We will actively push for a systemic shift in the proportion of people from diverse backgrounds who work in, and engage with, vocational and technical education.
- We will ensure that accessibility, equity, inclusion and diversity are central considerations in the design of all assessments and qualifications. Review mechanisms will include a strong focus on equity, diversity and inclusion.
- We will refine delivery mechanisms and policies to make them equitable and inclusive; and we will support others at all our touch points to do the same.
- We will listen to feedback and evidence on our educational outputs and act swiftly upon it to address any concerns related to equity, diversity and inclusion.